Infrastructure has been such a popular topic lately, but why is it really important, and why now? Here’s why – the Bipartisan Infrastructure Framework (BIF), recently passed by the Senate and heading to the House, will create good-paying UNION construction jobs, grow our economy, and give American workers – Laborers and their families – the opportunity to succeed in the 21st century.
PLEASE TAKE A MOMENT TO SEND AN EMAIL TO CONGRESS:
Go to liuna.org/BIF, Fill in a short form, and send your message.
Please share this link with your family and friends. The more letters they get, the louder our message will be.
That’s the key – the passage of BIF by the House will create jobs for Laborers for years to come. How big is BIF? The Bipartisan Infrastructure Framework is a historic bipartisan infrastructure deal that invests in America’s middle class and rewards work, not wealth. The framework:
- Makes the single largest investment in roads and bridges since the construction of the interstate highway system.
- Makes the single largest investment to deliver clean drinking water to our families in American history by eliminating lead pipes.
- Makes the single largest investment to modernize our power grid in American history.
- Makes the largest investment in public transit and in electric vehicle infrastructure in American history.
- Creates good-paying union jobs and advances environmental justice by making the largest-ever investment in addressing legacy pollution.
BIF represents a $1 trillion investment. That’s a big deal, and it means millions of hours for LIUNA members – INCLUDING YOU! – in every corner of the country.
The great news is that BIF passed the Senate, and we are grateful for those who worked across party lines to make it happen. But the fight isn’t over, and that’s where YOU come in.
It’s incredibly easy to get involved and take some small but significant steps to ensure the members of the House hear OUR voices. We want to leave NO DOUBT in the minds of our representatives where we stand on this bill and its significance to our livelihoods. Again, please consider:
- Sending an email to Congress – all you have to do is go to liuna.org/BIF, fill in a short form, and your message will be sent.
- Making a call to Congress – the number is 202-224-3121.
- Talking to fellow union members about the campaign and encouraging participation.
- Sharing this message with family and friends.
We will be planning more activities to keep the pressure on Congress to get this done! So please, take a moment to send a note to your representative, stay involved, and never forget YOU are the power of LIUNA.