Missouri Unemployment Compensation Program
- The Federal Pandemic Unemployment Compensation (FPUC) program is one of the new programs under the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act.
- The FPUC provides that those eligible for at least one dollar ($1 US) of unemployment compensation benefits during the week could receive additional funds per week as a federal supplement. The DES expects FPUC payments to begin going out to eligible recipients as early as the week of April 12, 2020, after the technology updates and procedures get implemented.
- The federal supplement for those that are unemployed will be effective the week beginning March 29, 2020 for those filing their unemployment payment request for that week. Payments will be made retroactively for claims filed on or after March 29, 2020. The last payable week for the supplement will be the week ending July 25, 2020. During the FPUC program period, claimants who are eligible to receive regular unemployment weekly payments will receive the additional FPUC payment.
- Unemployed workers are encouraged to file their unemployment claims online at uinteract.labor.mo.gov as soon as they are separated from their employer. For convenience, the UInteract website is available 24/7 and mobile-friendly. Over 90 percent of initial claims are now filed online.
- For questions and answers related to the coronavirus and unemployment, as well as other effects on employment, visit labor.mo.gov/coronavirus frequently for updates.