Facebook Twitter InstagramEmail

Veterans Links

U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs General Information Website

Below is a link to the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs home page which includes access to all of the information and services provided by the Department.

State Offices of the Department of Veterans Affairs

By following the link below you will be directed to a page that contains direct links to the websites of each of the 50 States' Veterans Administration Offices. Many states provide benefits in addition to those provided through the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs.


Overview of Veterans Administration Benefits

For a general overview of each of the benefits provided through the Veterans Administration follow the links below.

Compensation and Pension Service
Home Loans
Vocational Rehabilitation
Life Insurance

For easy step-by-step instructions to apply for benefits, click here.


Health Care Information and Benefits

The Veterans Administration provides VA health care at over 1,400 medical centers and clinics across the nation. Click on the link below for more information and to find out if you qualify for the VA Medical Benefits Package or if you are eligible to receive assistance with prescription medication.

For easy step-by-step instructions to apply for the VA Medical Benefits Package, click here.


Diseases and Illnesses Associated with Service and Combat

Click on the links below for more information regarding the service connected diseases and illnesses associated with the following conflicts. You may be eligible for compensation.


"Forgotten Income for Forgotten People"

The VA Pension is a benefit paid to wartime veterans who have limited or no income, and who are age 65 or older, or, if under 65, who are permanently and totally disabled.

Veterans, and spouses and widows of veterans could be eligible for up to $1,800 a month if: you were discharged from service under conditions other than dishonorable, you served at least 90 days of active military service 1 day of which was during a war time period and you are age 65 or older, OR, you are permanently and totally disabled, not due to your own willful misconduct.

S.C. Care & Associates in an organization that assists veterans, their spouse and widows in accessing their maximum pension benefits. Call 1-800-989-9569 for more information.

You may also read more about this benefit and eligibility requirements on the Veterans Administration website here.


Civilian Employment Know Your Rights

Returning To Your Civilian Job Post-Deployment

The Uniformed Services Employment and Re-employment Rights Act (USERRA) applies to all employers in the U.S. in the public and private sectors, and applies to employers of all sizes including religious organizations.

The USERRA protects they way all veterans and members of Reserve components are treated by their employers when they return to civilian life. Employers must re-employ returning service-members to the jobs that they would have attained had they not been absent for military service, with the same seniority, status and pay, as well as other rights and benefits determined by seniority. Employers must also make reasonable efforts to retrain and upgrade skills to ensure that returning service-members qualify for re-employment.

For more information regarding your rights under USERRA click here.

Employment Preference for Veterans

Veterans who are disabled, who served on active duty in the Armed Forces during certain specified time periods or in military campaigns are entitled to preference over others in hiring for virtually all federal government jobs.

For more information regarding Federal Veterans Preference click here.

Many States provide various services for veterans seeking employment and some have veteran preference policies for employment in state jobs. For more information about the employment services for veterans in your State visit the links below.

South Dakota


Finding Friends You Served With

Joining Vet Friends will help you search for old friends from the Army, Navy, Air Force & Marines. Browse your military unit or ship by date to find people. Join Vet Friends now.


Obtaining Military Service Awards

If you were awarded a service medal, pin, or ribbon and never received it, the Veterans Committee may be able to help you. We have successfully obtained medals that were awarded but never received by a member as far back as World War II.

Foreign awards cannot be issued by the U.S. Military, but virtually all U.S. and foreign awards can be purchased through various vendors. The Veterans Committee recommends www.USAMilitaryMedals.com. The Veterans Committee does not purchase the medals for members, but may be able to facilitate the award of the medals through the branch of military that issued the award.