Health Promotion & Research
Health Fair Coordination
- Assist Signatory employers, District Councils, Local Unions, and other LIUNA affiliates with organizing health screenings at member events. Screening for health risks such as high blood pressure, diabetes and high cholesterol helps educate members about the importance of early detection.
Education via Wellness Programs
- Numerous programs to educate members and their families about lifestyle choices, fitness, and stress. Examples include Sun Sense Plus, tobacco cessations and nutrition.
- Assistance in identifying and negotiating with Occupational Health Specialists who conduct physical examination applicable to construction workers such as respirator clearance and asbestos examinations.
- Monthly e-news letter covering health and safety topics.
Drug-Free Workplace Assistance
- Review programs and policies, provide sample policy, develop education materials and monitor social and legislative issues related to substance abuse.
Health & Welfare Fund Support
- Provide assistance to health and welfare funds with plan design, benefit-modification and identify programs that help contain costs.
- Research and analyze issues that affect the health and safety of LIUNA members, their families and signatory employers.
MRLHSF services are provided at no extra cost to LIUNA District Councils, Local Unions, signatory employers, members and other LIUNA affiliates.